Sunday, September 21, 2008

So it begins...


I've decided to blog. About what, I have no idea. A little bit of this. A touch of that. Perhaps a sprinkling of genius. Warning: there's gonna be some stuff about my kids--probably a lot of stuff about my kids. I did take a vow not to start a blog solely about my children, but it can't be avoided entirely. I am not really a great writer or story teller. I am not necessarily very crafty and I can't even sew a straight line. I actually have no idea how this is going to be remotely interesting, but whateves, don't read it if you don't like it. I plan to keep people posted on the goings on of the Howington fam, updates on my daughter, Lila, my progress (or lack there-of) training for a half-marathon, and anything else I feel like yappin' about.
Currently, I should be sleeping. I am at the hospital on Lila Duty and therefore it is impossible for me to do so. Between the beeping and the comings and goings of nurses, doctors, and people who have the wrong room, I can assure you I will not sleep at all. I am considering having an all night Dexter marathon on my iphone. My butt is falling asleep on this 1/4" piece of foam they call a bed. I was given an egg crate for some extra cushion...it's not working. We have been here so much, you would think they would have VIP rooms or something. Think about it Duke Hospital. I bet Ted Kennedy was in a deluxe suite after his brain surgery. Lila has had 3 (well, 2 1/2-it's complicated). As you can see, all they gave her was a crown of gauze. All hail princess Yaya!

7 comments:

NIRMAL said...

Good start. Keep writing.

from
Nirmal
http://nirmal-lifeworthliving.blogspot.com

skumar said...

who nirmal?

Shiloh said...

You can rest assured that I will check and read and comment on your blog often, so you best keep up on it and don't pretend like you don't have time to blog. What could possibly be occupying your time? Nothing thats what, so blog. No excuses. I won't hear any.

Kresta said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to another source of info on you and your sweet family. Keep it up!

Brooke said...

Yay for blogging! Now Lila's mom can add to the Lila Jane cyber updates! I've already got them coming on mine! How's the sleep situation going for you? You should just wheel in your own bed. They'd love that!

Nancy Page said...

Welcome to the bloggers! i love to write stuff about my kids afterall, they are my world and I brought them here. So write on. Everyone loves to read about funny kid stuff.

Mandy Stewart said...

What a sweetie. She is beautiful. I am so greatful that you are sharing your story with us. Keep posting!