Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back to Duke



So, we go back to the hospital on Thursday for Lila's chemotherapy. She will be there for 3-5 days. I must say, we have had an enjoyable break from chemo, although not without a couple of hospital stays for a brain surgery or two. It has been nice, though to have a healthy enough child to go out and do things as a family (see pumpkin patch extravaganza). I realize I should probably post about this entire ordeal, but I have neither the time or the desire to do that at this point in time.
The plan now is 2-3 cycles of chemotherapy and then a stem cell transplant. I am not looking forward to the vomit that will ensue over the following weeks, but if it means that she will be in remission from brain cancer in three or four months, then I think I can handle it. The good thing is, she smiles right after she throws up everywhere. So, we look forward to feeding her in small increments 24 hours a day and changing her clothes 10 times a day. I think I might have my entire apartment covered in plastic, like old people do to their furniture...

5 comments:

Kresta said...

She is darling! She has the cutest smile ever! Good luck during the next weeks. We'll be praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

the reason she can smile while you are cleaning up vomit is that she is staring into the faces of those angels that are around her...you on the other hand are looking at sour milk....sorry...I love you!
Mom

Mandy Stewart said...

Annie, She is so beatiful. I know I keep saying that. How old is she? I think about you and her often. Hope she's feeling better. I love your moms coment about the Angels.

Shiloh said...

hey lady, so are we going to see that girl for Thanksgiving or what? I guess when you get in town next weekend, we have things to discuss. Plan on it.

kimmy me said...

why is her diaper up around her nipples in this picture?