Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Great Pumpkin

I love Fall. Pretty much everything about it. I love the changing leaves and little woodland creatures stocking up for the winter. I love wearing cardigans and scarves. I love drinking cider and holidays devoted to eating.
Today we took a little adventure to our local pumpkin patch. It was pretty awesome and the selection was fantastic. If I knew what to do with 20 pumpkins, I would have purchased that many. Jack was in heaven. Lila was irritated because we woke her up from her nap in the car to look at giant, orange blobs. I bought some mums because I have never had a plant and I want to see if I can keep it alive. Maybe I should have started with plants instead of jumping right into kids...
Anyway, It was really fun and I am trying to think of a reason why we shouldn't do it every week.


Any comments about how great my hair is looking these days are welcome. I found the best brush that makes all the difference. That's a whole other post...


Jack was loving the wagon.


Lila looks a little drunk...for the record, she's not.


This is my favorite picture. Just is.

4 comments:

Kresta said...

Your hair does look quite fabulous. Lots cuter on you than on Katie.

Nancy Page said...

I started with a plant and it was named Lucky because I killed it three times and it came back. now I have kids and every plant is dying.

Ana said...

I was about to write you this morning and ask if you wanted to go to a pumpkin patch, but obviously, I'm too late. Everyone looks fabulous, even a drunk Lila (don't lie, we all know you down a few from time to time and it's rubbing off on your kids). Did you want to grab some lunch tomorrow?

Guy Mayhem said...

If Lila was drunk, it would make sense because she was "on the wagon." So you put her on the wagon to rehabilitate her, right? Isn't that how the saying goes? Or she's drunk when she's "off the wagon"? Because it's a sobriety wagon? I'm so confused suddenly!