Friday, October 31, 2008

Smell my feet

Halloween is a big night for the Howington family. We gather (at my sister-in-law, Lori's house), we eat, we take pictures and we go to claim our free candy. We have been talking about Halloween in my house for weeks. Prepping Jack that he has to dress up to get the free candy. He kept saying he was up for it and I was starting to believe him. This evening finally arrived and when I told him it was time to put on the pirate costume---major freak out. It was like, "Costume? What costume? You never told me about a costume?!" Tears, screaming, flailing about. I kinda knew somewhere in the back of my mind that it was going to happen. He always hates to put on the costume, but when he goes outside and the tricking or treating starts it's the best thing in the world. "I love Halloween. I love being a pirate. Arrgggggg!"


Lila, on the other hand, had no problems with her get-up. I like to think she was pleased with the results of my afternoon of costume-making. Doesn't she look fantastic?




The best part of the night, I think, was Jack saying "I love you" to total strangers after receiving the candy. Some people seemed legitimately touched by his kindness, although I am pretty sure he was just meaning to say "Thank you".

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Ahhhhhh, I loooooooove it. Lila's outfit is awesome. Awesome. Jack looks great, nice boots, but Lila's get up takes the cake. Did lots of people die laughing when they saw her?
Where did you get the shirt?

Shiloh said...

Ok, you tell Jack that if he will wear the pirate suit at Thanskgiving, I too will give him candy. And Lila...oh that costume brings tears to my eyes.

Sara said...

hey annie, your kids are sooo cute! I love Lila's costume. check out our family blog at www.the-ins-hyder.blogspot.com. have a FAB day!

Nancy Page said...

Lila looks so dang cute! And congrats on the big race! That's alot of work. I'm doing a sprint traithalon in Dec. I started training to lose weight and whala, I've lost 30 pounds.