Friday, January 30, 2009

Makeover

As expected, Lila has not been feeling top notch these past few days. She has spent a lot of time sleeping and the rest of the time looking sad. I'm sure that most of this has to do with the fact that her blood counts are all dangerously low, she has diarrhea, her hair and eyelashes (the little that had grown back) are coming out in clumps, and she is dry heaving mucus. But I also had a hunch that some of it might have to do with the fact that her hospital room was a little drab. With the help of my superior decorating skills and some super awesome people who have sent cards and pictures to Lila over the past little while, I was able to turn her room into a pretty rockin' pad. Her spirits have definitely improved. For reals.


These adorable cards were made by my Uncle Tim's family. They are so cute, I dedicated an entire window just to them.


I love this banner. I don't know who made it (sorry), but we got a ton of signs and decorations from them. I have put it all up and her room is better for it.


The Pynes made this poster and I think it's adorable. Every member of their family signed a balloon--so cute.


The front and back of her door are decorated with cards and pictures. I didn't get a picture of the other side, but it gives everyone here at the hospital an idea of how popular Lila really is.


I just love this. I actually moved this sign to the foot of Lila's crib, so it's the first thing she sees when she wakes up. She loves it because it is so colorful and I think it's precious.

This isn't even everything. We appreciate so much that people are thinking of Lila. Thank you for the cards and notes and pictures and emails and phone calls. Lila feels the love, we feel the love, and we are thankful.

1 comment:

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Jack and Lila are so cute. I hope everything is going well. You are in our prayers.
-Liz (hurst) Stephens