Saturday, January 3, 2009

Navidad


A sample of Jack's keen eye for Christmas decorating.

So, I thought for sure that Jack would wake up at the butt crack of dawn on Christmas morning to see if Santa ate the cookies he set out (which were delicious by the way), open all his presents (and Lila's, and mine...), and start eating candy well before breakfast. Ben and I were up at 7:30 and this is what the kids were doing


I wish I would have gotten the memo that said we were supposed to sleep in until 8:30.

The party began a short time later

Jack's sweet race car is missing from this picture. He was probably taking it for a spin




Lila seemed pleased with her new tights.


Jack got some pretty awesome gifts, but none more awesome than the Costco peanut butter crackers. Santa does exist.


Lila liked the paper the most-est

This is totally embarrassing, but I am posting it anyway because the awesome factor beats out my absurd expression.

I am looking at my total surprise of a Christmas gift that I am now currently using to post this blog. It looks a little something like this:

(actually, it looks exactly like that mostly because that's it) I love it. A lot.

4 comments:

Christa said...

That is THE BEST look of surprise I have ever seen. Congratulations!

Jacque said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacque said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Wait, you got Jack a gigantic box of peanut butter and cracker snacks? For Christmas? Well, does he get to keep them in his room and eat them whenever he wants, like Christmas spoils should be consumed? Or do you still get to parcel them out, according to your whims? I need some follow up information.