Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home

After a week in an old, small apartment with beds that resembled cardboard on concrete, we are home. We are pleased. Jack is happy to have his whole family in the same place at the same time. Really, I think he is just happy to have more people to beat at Wii bowling (beating his Poppa was getting old). My parents left today after two months of living in my house and taking care of Jack. They will be missed as I relearn how to take care of two kids at the same time. Seriously, I haven't a clue what we would have done without them--Thanks Mom and Dad!
I have to take Lila to clinic twice a week which is pretty much what I have been doing for the last 8-9 months, so I can deal with that. On her Monday visit, she got permission to go to grandma's house and be in groups of up to 10 healthy people. No sickos allowed. She is also probably going to get the central line removed next week, so that means I don't need to worry about the possibility of cleaning blood spatter off my carpets--hip, hip...

apparently, i am not interesting enough to talk to

So, Ben has had 2 surgeries on the middle finger of his right hand. The second one was today because two of the pins popped out from the first surgery. We have learned that this is an important finger and not just for road rage. He has been told to use that hand as little as possible, which should be interesting because he has to use a computer all day long and he has two small children who like to be held by their dad. Good luck with that, Ben.

about to go to surgery or to serve school lunches...

So, we're here. We're alive. I am waiting patiently for those people to knock on my door with a check for 100 million dollars--and balloons, don't forget the balloons...

10 comments:

Jeff and Stacey said...

Your parents are so great!! They stopped by here on the way home and it was so great to visit with them:) We talked about Premier Graphics days (aka HELL), haha... hope things get better for you guys:)

gaye said...

You are AWESOME Annie... those kiddos and Ben are so lucky to have you as the mommie. love ya.

lindsey said...

Yeah!! You got to come home! I hope all keeps going BETTER than planned!

Shiloh said...

don't you think balloons might be pushing it.....I mean, come on, don't be ridiculous. i'm glad you are home. really glad..... and thats too bad about ben's middle finger, I hope he gets physical therapy, it would be a shame not to be able to use it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Your mother and daddy had a blast with Jack the past two months and think you are a phenominal mother and Ben a phenom father. We can't wait to see you all again and it's been only two days...."it's taking too long." But "actually" we need to go home and make sure we have a house still standing.

Sara said...

again, you are soo funny. sorry I didn't get back to you on the pacifier clips, life has been crazy around here. Do you still need one? I've been pretty busy lately so I don't think I will plan on making them for my little store online anytime soon, but I would love to send one to you, as a welcome home gift, you know, since I can't send you a million bucks. let me know.

Tracy Whitt said...

I know you are glad to be home and sleeping your own bed. What a figher Lila is and her Mommy. Good luck to Ben. It is an important finger. Tracy

Brooke said...

It's time to post again, Annie. What's up with Ben's finger? Why the surgeries? How's home? Haven't you all been a bunch of sickos lately? Does Lila get to live in a bubble around you people? How's Wii Bowling?

Mandy Stewart said...

I wondered what Jack was doing all day while you were with Lila. How far was the apt. from "Home"? That was great of your parents. and WOW hospitals must really love the Howingtons. Sorry Ben had to have a turn. I'm thinking about you. Hang in there

Nancy Page said...

I know, you deserve the balloons with all that you guys have been through. I'm sure that they are stuck in traffic.