Saturday, February 7, 2009

One

The Family Support Program peeps threw a 1st birthday bash for Lila on Friday. It was a princess theme and pretty spectacular. My sister, Sarah even surprised me by flying in from Texas for the partay which was super awesome! Lila knew it was her big day--she was bouncing off the walls from the time she woke up and refused to take a nap all day. She also completed the three day process to become officially engrafted on Friday. Her WBC was 5.1 and her ANC was 3800! It was a fun-filled, fantastic day. Here are some highlights:

Getting ready for the party

Her own personal cake-she didn't eat it...

...but Jack did. And please, no comments about his bangs, alright--I know.

She got a Minnie Mouse from one of the little boys on 5200

She loved it so much, she wanted to eat it

The tiara left a permanent ring around her giant cranium when we took it off

Jack handled the mask-wearing like a champ

Birthday girl!
Thanks for all the cards, phone calls, and emails wishing her a happy birthday! While I definitely cannot say this year has flown by, I am still shocked that she is a year old. This has been absolutely the hardest year of my life, but I have still received innumerable blessings.
Today, I am unable to express how grateful I am to be able to say that my Yaya is one.

10 comments:

Beckstrand's said...

Annie
She is adorable. Happy Birthday to Lila. It looks like it was a bash. By the way, I ordered us Tirara's and tutu's it not to late to change your mind.
Tell Lila Tom and I said Happy Birthday, she'll know its us.

Michelle Judd said...

It looks like ya'll had a fun party! What cute pics of both Lila and Jack. Is that a smile from ear to ear I see on him? What a proud big brother. I love all the ones of Lila but the last one you posted it just too adorable. Love you guys!

Christa said...

Lila totally rocks the tiara! Happy Birthday to her!

Valerie said...

Dito, to all of it. Happy birthday to her. And happy Lila's birthday to you, dear Annie.

And seriously, What.is.up.with.Jack's.hair?

Amanda Henderson said...

Brings tears to my eyes to see her so happy and to read your touching thoughts. Happy Birthday for sure you sweet lady and sweet baby girl!

Shiloh said...

Jack-o looks like a dandy. Andy thinks he looks like the red head kid from Problem Child with Charles Grodin. Oh, poor Jack. On the other hand, that lady sure knows how to bring up those numbers. I can't wait to come see her again. We miss you guys. Annie, where was your tiara? I know you have a small collection, don't deny it....

Gail B said...

What a fun day. She (and you all) sure deserved it!!

lindsay coudron said...

Happy Birthday Lila:) Annie what a beautiful little girl. You and your family are amazing. I hope that this next year flies by with more fun than ever:)

Diana said...

Lila looks so happy. We decided that Jack looks like the boy from Two and a Half Men (when he was younger).

Mandy Stewart said...

I'm so glad things are looking up for Lila and you all. What a first year she had.... I wish her next year will be filled with more parks and playgrounds and less Dr.'s and hospitals. I'm so glad you took pics. Happy Birthday!!!!