Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Working for the Weekend

Lila's body is working overtime it seems. Her WBC went from .3 to 1.1 in less than 24 hours. We are pleased and so is she.

See.

I don't really have more news. I was just really amazed at how quickly her body is starting to recover from the transplant. It's a pretty amazing (not to mention sucky) process and it has been so interesting to see the way the kids on 5200 respond to treatment. When a child is well enough to go "home", we have a parade for them which is basically just throwing confetti as they walk down the hall and out the doors. We've witnessed 5 farewell parades since we've been here and I can't wait to see more.

Lila is particularly looking forward to hers.


A reward for Lila's good work-a Nilla Wafer. She was a fan.

3 comments:

gaye said...

We love you and Lila.

myglorydays said...

I like nilla wafers too. She is beautiful & I am happy to hear things are going better than expected. You all remain in my prayers. Jewel

Shiloh said...

huzzah!!!!! Watch out for the razor sharp claws that are soon to appear out of her knuckles everytime she gets mad. I know they are in there. ALso, what size is the little lady wearing these days?????