Thursday, July 2, 2009

So, let me ask you...

When you are by yourself thinking about stuff, do you ever suddenly say something out loud? Like, merely thinking it just isn't enough? Like, it's gonna have so much more impact on the universe or whatever if you say it out loud? I had one of those tonight. I was thinking and then I was talking. Sadly, it wasn't even significant. This post would have so much more impact if I had said something profound, but you and I both know that's rare.
I digress...


Kai, Bella, and Jack. Is it just me, or does it look like they are hiding something?

I just got back from Texas. Damn it's hot there. Like, cook dinner on your driveway hot. My cousin got married, which was part of the reason I went down there. He decided to get married outside at 4:30pm in San Antonio. That's prime cooking time, people. Luckily, two things happened that made it ok: One; he and the rest of the wedding party (sans the bride) walked down the aisle to Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train". Two; the ceremony was maybe 10 minutes long.

We rented a house for the stay in San Antonio because there were 12 of us and it seemed better than getting a half dozen hotel rooms. The first night we were there, my sister walked out the back door, and dangling on the hinge was a snake. She, of course, freaked out. My dad, who was already out there, came to the rescue with an old, dull, rusted hack saw and decided to cut off the snakes head. 5 minutes later, the snake was dead and the head was still partially attached. He would have had better luck with a butter knife.

It was a good trip. I got to hang out with my family and see some good friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I don't recommend traveling alone with two small children, but if it needs to be done, I have found it is not impossible.


Shamu or his offspring. I dunno--Lila kept calling him "Mu", so It's Shamu.


Lila and Jakob or "Cob" hangin' out at Sea World. It was 108 that day. 1-0-freaking-8.


Lila at the wedding.


Flower Girls: Bella and Kai

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Yeah, I say stuff out loud. I like to pretend like I'm in a soap opera, and, as you well know, when people in soap operas say things out loud, they mean business: I will get back at the Deveroux family, or I will take over Chesterfield Enterprises.

In any case, when I mean business, really mean business, I say things out loud.

Shiloh said...

what did you say outloud?