Saturday, October 31, 2009

Angel



Rosanna Porter is a good friend of my parents and she is also the author of a series of children's books. They are about a little mouse named Tofu Ling. She has had two Tofu Ling books published already. So, when she asked me if she could use Lila as a sort of muse, if you will, for her latest installment, I said sure. Lila has now been immortalized as an adorable white mouse in Rosanna's latest book, Tofu Ling and the Angel.

The book is extra awesome because it is dedicated to Lila and two other kids who have fought with a life threatening illness and won. Big time. Some of the proceeds from the sale of this book are going to charities that the three families have chosen. Our charity is The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke for obvious reasons I would think, but if you still need one, it's because they saved my kids life. In a nutshell.

Added bonus: Lila is a finger puppet. Eeeeeek. How freaking cute is that?

So, I think you should buy it. So, do it already.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

You've got to be kidding me. I'm going to throw up this is so cute.

Really, this wonderful. Put me down for 10,000 copies (but don't really, please).

Anonymous said...

The books are just amazing. They are books that you read to your children and the finger puppet is just a little extra fun. I hope all of Annie's friends will purchase this book for their kids. Her last book has already won one award and is nominated for the Caldecott. www.Raisykinder.com

Kresta said...

And Christmas is right around the corner. How perfect is that? I know one item the fat jolly man will be bringing our way.

Susanna said...

Wow! What an honor. Does the puppet come with the book?

I pretty much had a rule that we don't do books, we only do Baby Einstein videos. But since they just came out with the shocking announcement that the videos don't work, I'm going to have to start reading!!!

Thanks for a place to start.

ps. how's your parasite? I know it's number 3, but shouldn't you post a belly picture. I am a continent away you know.

Bertie said...

That is so awesome!! I'll definitely have to go get one for my kiddos!:) And that finger puppet is seriously- TOO DARLING!

Grandma Gale said...

I love this! What an inspiration you all are to all of us! I will be getting this book for sure!