Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 4th: An Anniversary

Friday marks one year of remission for Lila.
Because of this and the fact that it's Christmastime, I decided to make a photo book for Lila's Oncologist, Dr. Gururangan and her Nurse Practitioner, Melody. It is Lila's journey in pictures, if you will. One for every month she has been a patient at Duke. The books turned out great. These are the photos I used:


May 30, 2008-1st brain surgery


June 2008 (photo by Patrick Stevenson)


July 2008


August 2008


September 9, 2008-2nd brain surgery


October 31, 2008


November 2008



December 4, 2008-Remission


January 23, 2009-Transplant Day


February 6, 2009-1 Year B-Day Bash (a day early)


March 2009


April 25, 2009-Angels Among Us 5K-youngest survivor in attendance


May 2, 2009-Rainbow of Heroes Walk (PBMT Program Fundraiser)


June 2009


July 4, 2009


August 2009


September 2009


October 31, 2009


November 2, 2009-port removal surgery

A year (and a half) to be thankful for.

14 comments:

skumar said...

sobbing...literally sobbing. Thanks, Annie.

Valerie said...

Perfect, lady.

Susanna said...

She turned out pretty cute. I love her chicken outfit. But that last shot is my favorite. What a brave little lady.

Well, she comes by it naturally I guess.

Miss you. Want to come to California?

lindsey said...

This made me cry. She's so strong and brave!!! Those eyes just kill me. :) What a fantastic idea.

Kresta said...

You both are amazing. And you made me cry. Love you.

Anonymous said...

TuTu Grandma is crying too. Oh,how I am thankful to the medical community at Duke and our Heavenly Father for giving us our angel back. What a great gift.

Shiloh said...

pete couldn't be more pleased.

Michelle Judd said...

Love it! What a nice idea for you to do. I am sure it will make their day!

Gail B said...

She is a beautiful little lady. I can't believe how mature she is. dang. thats awesome

Julie said...

I am right there with Sarah - literally sobbing. Oh, the flood of memories those pictures brought back. We are so blessed!

HOT said...

I should have worn no make up today before reading your post Annie!! THIS MADE ME CRY. Nice to read I'm not the only one!! Thank you for sharing. I want a book!!! Lila has soo much hair!!! Courageous baby and with THE greatest parents ever!!! xoxo, Tiffany

Holly said...

I miss her!

Jaggers Brain said...

Amazing Annie! Thank you for sharing that with us! Your daughter is a miracle and an angel! Such a perfect smile!

BKStapf said...

wow. so glad you did that.. that pic from feb 6th breaks my heart - she just looks so different and so worn out.. what an amazing and TOUGH kid she is. (you guys are pretty tough too, but lila has you beat). i'm sure her dr's/nurses/etc.. will treasure that - a beautiful reminder of how strong a child can be. well done, you.