Saturday, January 23, 2010

Transplantversary


Transplant Day: January 23, 2009

I'm certain you can just stick "versary" on the end of any word and it not only becomes a word, but also a reason to celebrate (except for maybe like "decapitationversary". Don't do that).

Today is one year since Lila's Stem Cell Transplant. Those were some rough days, but I do miss that she was actually willing to cuddle with me back then. She's way too busy for that now.


A rough day

I'm happy to report that she is doing just fine thank you very much. She enjoys having me read books to her repeatedly, twirling, watching Olivia, playing/fighting with her brother, drawing pictures, playing hide-and-go-seek (she prefers to seek), and making faces in the mirror.


Why, yes that is a Twilight Saga: New Moon crown from BK. Thanks for asking. She loved it. She wore it every day for like a week. Smart girl.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

This is me bursting with happiness. She is, and you are, and you all are, so phenomenal. Your journey these last couple of years is exceptional.

Also: forclosure-versary, contracting leprosy-versary, hurricane-versary.

skumar said...

Hurricane-versary in Texas is know as the Ike-aversary...It works.

Mandy Stewart said...

Annie...Its me Mandy! It has been awhile since I've been on your blog. You make me laugh so hard. I miss you. I am really hoping to make it to Texas for Lilas 5k. I am so excited for all of you. Congrats on your new baby. So sorry she and lila are sick! Love ya