Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Doughnut Burger

The NC State Fair is a big deal for the Howingtons.
Last year was pretty much disastrous and we had to make up for it in a big way.
So, like in years past, we all gathered together and went on Grandpa's birthday.
My goal for the fair was, as always, to eat as much as humanly possible.
Here's a list of stuff we collectively ate:
Corn on the Cob
Fried Twinkies
Fried Ho-Hos
Fried Pickles
Elephant Ears
Cotton Candy
Lemonade
Hot Dogs
Corn Dogs
Fried Snickers
Caramel Apples
aaaaaaannnnnd...
The Krispy Kreme Burger
Which is exactly what it sounds like.
A cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, etc... and the buns replaced by two glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
It was totally worth of one bite. Not sure if anyone could have done more than that.
So, one burger between 12-15 people is pretty good.

When we weren't eating, we did some other things.

Jack and I rode some rides.

This was before the Tilt-a-Whirl. I wasn't as happy afterward.

We checked out the chickens.

Lila loooooved them.

And some of us were just along for the ride.


Until next year...

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I have to ask if that actually tasted good... it kind of makes me sick to my stomach to think about. I can't imagine that it could even taste good?? Oh I am talking about the Krispy Kreme burger btw... everything else sounded amazing of course.

david said...

Do I need to even tell you out loud what I am thinking when you say you rode rides with Jack?

annie said...

david,
i thought the same thing the minute he told me he wanted to ride it.
some jokes never get old.