Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weekend, Weekend

I'm home from Brooklyn.
It was everything I hoped it would be.
I did, in fact, do a lot of things that I have never done before.
Just as I had planned.
Saturday we went Upstate to Newburgh for some apple picking.


I learned that I am terrible at using the pole to pick apples.
There were quite a few casualties--apples, not people. I'm not that bad.
But we still walked away with two giant bags of apples, so it was a win.


We also had the delightful opportunity for this.
If you don't know the reference, we're not friends.

We spent all Sunday afternoon in Prospect Park. Picnicing and being with friends. It was probably my favorite day and I got no pictures. Boo.

We walked the Brooklyn Bridge, which I had never done.
I got hit by a bicycler.
It was awesome.
It did not take long for me to remember how to be a New Yorker.
Let's just say there were some words exchanged.


Not bad for an iPhone picture.


Most importantly, I got to see these people.
Some of my best friends in this world.
As good as family.
And see the little guy? He's gonna be, because he's marrying one of my girls.
Whether he likes it or not.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It was pretty magical. Let's do it all over again.

Are all these photos from your iPhone? Not too shabby. I especially like that first one.

HOT said...

Heart your twilight reference. :-)