Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pillow Talk

I'm here to talk.
About pillows.
I've been making some lately.
It all started when I found a handkerchief of an old map of NYC.
My sister-in-law, Lori said it would make a cute pillow.
I agreed.
I used a red Kona cotton for the back side of this one.

It's found a home on my Ikea chair.

For a first attempt, I'm pleased.

My second attempt was outdoor pillows for a bench we bought from the flea market.
Ben restored it a couple of weeks ago.
Lori (again) convinced me that this fabric would look great with the green bench.
I agreed.



The cream one is a textured fabric.
It can't be ironed or the texture will flatten out and lose its... well, texture.
Learned that the hard way.

I should have gotten more pictures of the bench.
It's awesome.
Ben did a great job.


I am wondering if I should make a fourth or just leave that kid out there to equal it out.

4 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

So cute! I love the navy fabric with the red circles...

Southern Belle said...

haha that is funny- "that kid." I wish I knew how to sew, I love all those pillows. and the bench. you are awesome.

skumar said...

leave the kid

Susanna said...

Love them. you can never have enough cute pillows!

ps. We're going to NYC in august. Hopefully for two weeks. You and I need to talk baby shower. Yes?

I'll call you soon.

Hope you're well. I really like you.