Tuesday, October 18, 2011

If I Had It My Way

Sometimes I get on Craigslist and pretend I have an unlimited budget for a NYC apartment. It's fun and depressing if that's possible. Sometimes I get on Realtor.com and look for houses that I can't afford, both in the place I live and elsewhere. Ben and I have been married for 8 years and we've moved 9 times. Only 3 different cities, but 9 locations. It's kind of ridiculous, but I kind of don't mind. Maybe it's because I moved a lot growing up that I can't stay in one place without getting antsy after awhile. Either way, I'm feeling the itch and here's a few places I'd like to go:
Zurich, Switzerland. Chances: slim to none, but it's like the third best place to live in the world.
Vancouver, BC. I never thought I would ever want to live in Canada, but I love this place.
Austin, TX. This is the only place in Texas I would consider living.
Seattle, WA. I lived in Washington for a summer during college. It's one of the most beautiful and laid back places I've ever been.
Pretty much anywhere in New England. If it has roads that look like this, I want to go to there.

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- C. S. Lewis

7 comments:

Jazzy Reece said...

Totally love it! Can I be your neighbor?! I don't care where you go!

Michal Thompson said...

the trend is that you are a big city gal! You are the only person who has moved more than I have- but only by one. I too feel a little weird.

Anna and Ryan said...

I see that California didn't make your list...strange. Maybe you should come check it out. It might make you want to throw away your list (and your return ticket!!) Kidding, only sort of, it's a pretty great place to live. Why don't you come out for the Napa Ragnar next year?!?

Valerie said...

Tell me about it. Every fall I start imaging life in a small, New England town. Just riding my bike around and writing a novel and never watching tv.
And then I'm like, um, I think I just want to be Jessica Fletcher.

Rachelle said...

kelly has been to vancouver and sweden. he said both places were amazing and that sweden is such a rad place for families. ugh. i want to move too. maybe a place where i could have a yard. not too much to ask for, right?

James Best said...

I didn't know Vancouver, BC looked like that. Holy crap, is that gorgeous.

Let's move to Maine. Just for a year or two. Slow some things down. Sell jams and jellies. Have a pumpkin patch. Ben and Andy and I will do something with the land. Oh wait. Ben and Andy will something with the land. I will write about it. And just entertain kids.

Stacey said...

Edinburgh, Scotland isn't on your list? Heresy! It's the best place in the world!