Thursday, December 15, 2011

Expensive Holiday Portraits

Yesterday, we took a trip to Duke
It was time for Lila's semi-annual MRI.
Before we left the house that morning, Lila asked why we were going to the hospital.
She was nervous and upset and not interested in going.
I told her we needed to go to take pictures of her brain.
She didn't say anything.
20 minutes later we are in the car and I hear a tiny voice from the back,
"My brain is inside my body.  You can't take a picture of it."
Busted. 
I had to explain that only the hospital has a camera cool enough to take pictures of the inside of your body.
She seemed satisfied.
And I am satisfied too.
Brain looks good
AND
we don't have to go back until next December.
Bonus.
(Dr. G asked me if I was comfortable with waiting a year. I asked him the same question in return. He says, "Look, there's no science behind it..."  What?  Awesome.  Best medical response ever.)


I considered asking if I could get a copy of her scans. 
I think they would make a charming Christmas card.




4 comments:

Gail B said...

I need to be on that xmas card list!! That story about L is so cute/sad. i like her.

Michal Thompson said...

those darn kids are pretty smart!

James Best said...

I love medical Christmas cards. I would love brain scans from all of you.

Valerie said...

Annie, I'm really glad there was nothing in that brain scan except brain, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Your title got my hopes up that this post would be accompanied by some classy mall portraits.
Maybe next year.