Thursday, April 12, 2012

Not Your Average Weekend

Thursday:
Arrive in New York at approximately 2:30.
Some eating.
Some shopping.
At 7:00 p.m.:


Death of a Salesman.
Wonderful.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is flawless.
Andrew Garfield was impressive.  Particularly since it was his Broadway debut.
Loved it.

Friday:
A trip to the Garment district with Janet
A food tour with Kimmy that may or may not have involved a cookie the size of a softball and a quart of milk in the park.
A late afternoon trip to the Biennial at the Whitney Museum where this happened:
Ricky G. and his gal pal
A visit from Lori for the evening.
Chicken and waffles at Amy Ruth's in Harlem.

Saturday:
A lunch date with Valerie and Kimmy at Ruby's where I experienced the best burger of my life.
Followed quickly by this:
 A cereal milk milkshake.
It's exactly what it sounds like.
It tastes exactly how you'd think it should taste:
Defreakinglicious.

A life-saving shopping trip with Janet where I purchased some Minnetonkas.
My feet were eternally grateful.
A much needed pedicure.
Some amazing Moroccan food for dinner.

Sunday:
Me. Union Square. A cool, sunny day.
Amazing.
Meandered around Strand for nearly 2 hours by myself.
Met up with Kimmy and headed down to Brooklyn for a perfect Easter dinner.
Some time with this little lady:
Precious Edith
Monday:
A solo trip to the 9/11 Memorial in the morning.
Some much needed time for personal reflection.
A beautiful memorial:
South Pool
Indian food in midtown.
Towncar to LaGuardia.
Home by 6:45. 

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Sounds fantastic!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

AMAZING!!!!! WHEN ARE WE GOING AGAIN!

brittstapf said...

Extremely envious you saw P.S.Huffman LIVE. LIVE and acting his heart out for YOU. Beyond awesome. And the fact that you blogged in detail every meal?... Today my heart is filled with love for my friend, Annie.

Valerie said...

Sounds pretty sweet. I would have loved to have . . . oh, wait, I was.

It was awesome.

I hope those moccasins hold you in good stead.

Valerie said...

Sounds pretty sweet. I would have loved to have . . . oh, wait, I was.

It was awesome.

I hope those moccasins hold you in good stead.