Friday, September 14, 2012

Change

There are different kinds.

There's the kind I have control over.
Like, man, I need a new comforter.  I'm over giant florals.
Or, I don't wear enough bracelets.  I'm gonna do that more.

And the kind that I don't.
The kind that loom on the horizon and I can see it, but there's nothing I can do about it.
Or the kind that happen really quickly and I'm all, 
Hey, a heads up would have been nice.
Sometimes these can be fun and surprising.
But let's get real, mostly they're not.

You might be surprised to hear this, but I'm a bit of a control freak.
Really, it's true.
So, obviously I prefer the change that I have control over.

But it happens.
Whether I control it or not.
And then it's reality.


 I do have to say that more often than not, 
It ends up just fine.

Like that decision to wear more bracelets.



3 comments:

Valerie said...

First of all, I like your bracelets. Second of all, I also know how you feel. Like the thing with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. Ugh. I wish I had seen that coming. But, I didn't. Third, you're the best around.

Michal Thompson said...

Annie, thanks for posting this. This is just how I've been feeling as of late. Kinda mad that Im not in control, thought I was. Really. So im glad that someone else has the same problem!

Brittany Krallis Stapf said...

Better than fine~