Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fog of War


 I'm in a little bit of a fog.
It's not a funk, because I feel like that implies a lot.
I prefer fog. 
I need a vacation
and an attitude adjustment
and to stop drinking Dr Pepper every time I'm thirsty.
I'm going to list some positives here. 
This is mostly for my benefit, but no one reads this thing anymore, so it works out fine.
Lila had another clear MRI. This December will be 5 years of remission.
(just writing that helped my mood tremendously--see it's working)
It's Girl Scout cookie time.
My son is thriving in school.
This post. I've read it a dozen times.
We own a home and have plans to paint, build, & landscape to make it exactly how we want it.
I'm starting to actually understand Alice most of the time when she speaks. 
I just bought a really cute belt for only $4.
My husband has a job that challenges him creatively and he loves that.
We live near family.
 My bed is really comfortable. Like, really.
I saw Argo recently and it blew my mind.
I've heard my kids say, "Please" and "Thank you" and "I'm sorry" without being prompted. Finally.
They're releasing all the new Arrested Development episodes on Netflix at the same time.
The very thought of going on a trip with her to see her.








4 comments:

D and C said...

Um I TOTALLY read your blog. And I love it. And it makes me love you. And you need to write more and more and more.

D

Shiloh said...

I read your blog too, I blog stock you, creepy style, just like you like it. Come please. I will make you something delicious, like waffles.

also, I am tickled Lila continues to have just one brain. That day so long ago when I found out seems so surreal, I am glad she is whole and here.

Valerie said...

I know what you mean. But, I like your list of good things. And I love your home. I can't wait to see how it evolves over the coming years.

And thanks, Annie, for being kind of the best friend I've ever had. You're amazing.

skumar said...

I read it too. And what about a trip here to see me!