Monday, April 8, 2013

Comings Up

There's a lot of stuff happening.
Jack is in the middle of his soccer season at the Y.
He wanted to join the CASL league which is the really popular one around here, but his mom is a huge slacker and waited too long, so he had to do the Y.
Truth be told, I waited too long on purpose.  
CASL is more expensive and I didn't know how committed he would be to it since the last time we signed him up for a soccer league, he refused to play and I basically paid $90 for a t-shirt with a giant cross on it.
Yes, he was only 4 at the time, but still, I was wary.
Turns out he loves soccer and also turns out that he's good.
Really good.
CASL it is.

There's a wedding coming up in less than two weeks.
Our own talented, beautiful, fabulous Janelle is getting married to an equally talented, handsome, wonderful guy.
This is fantastic.
But then she's leaving for Miami.
This is bogus.
My kids are going to miss their Nelly very much.
As am I.
The day after the wedding the kids and I leave for New York.
We're going to hang with cousins and see some dear friends that moved there recently.
Hopefully it will be warm enough to play on the beach and just spend all day outside eating popsicles.

Then, in just a few short months (July 8th to be exact) Lila starts Kindergarten...
Forget it.
I can't even talk about it.

Instead, here's a picture of an owl.
Or is it owls?
I don't know why, but it made me laugh.
You're welcome.

No comments: